QuickBooks Printer Not Activated Error Code 20
“Printer Not Activated – Error Code -20” in QuickBooks
QuickBooks Error Code 20 Printer Not Activated generally occurs when the system setting is not configured properly or when there are some registries that are not appropriate.When you upgrade or install your system with a new version of Windows, then the new operating system completely removes the HKEY_CURRENT_CONFIG\Software key. This implies that the entries available in HKEY_CURRENT_CONFIG\Software key are not updated while upgrading the operating system. Due to this there is failure in the updation process, as many applications still use the same key to reserve the internal settings.This error mainly prompt on the system who uses QuickBooks application.Since the key is not updated the program does not run efficiently and displays the QuickBooks Error Code 20 Printer Not Activated.This error can be fixed using the softwares that are available for the repair and registry.
Have a look Error Demo
Also for Printer setup user can get connect QuickBooks Support Number anytime .
QB Error Code 20 Printer Not Activated Cause & Reason
- System settings configured incorrectly.
- Inappropriate registry settings.
Also find out PDF Error in QuickBooks due to this user unable to print anything .
How To Fix QuickBooks Error Code 20 Printer Not Activated:
Mainly there are two methods through which we can solve this problem:
- Reinstall QuickBooks
- Updating the registry key Manually
Note: Before using these methods we need to take some preventive measures while making changes in the directory.
- Make sure that you keep the backup of the previous registry prior reorganising the directory.Because in case the problem is not solved you will require the previous registry.
For creating a registry backup:
- Firstly go to the Registry Editor.
- Then, click on the File menu and select the Export command.
- Once the export is done click on the Save button.
- Ensure that you prepare a system recovery point so that if any complications arise you can use it.
To create a system restore point:
- Click on the start button and in programs file select the system restore.
- Then enable the Protection Setting.
- Next apply the changes and click on the save button.
Now we will discuss about the method to fix QuickBooks Error Code 20 Printer Not Activated.
To remove the corrupted files follow the given instructions:
- Firstly Switch to the control panel.
- Then, Select the Applications and Features program.
- Search for the QuickBooks and Click on the uninstall option.
- Next, switch to your google chrome and download the latest version of Quickbooks that is compatible with your system.
- After that Reinstall QuickBooks software..
- Once you are done with reinstalling your printer and program will run effectively.
Updating the registry key Manually:
To update the registry key manually follow the steps provided below:
- Firstly Grant the permission using Registry editor.
- Click on the start button and open the command prompt window.
- Then, enter regedit on cmd.
- Next, select the run as administrator command, by right clicking on the regedit.
- After that locate the HKEY_CURRENT_CONFIG folder to get the access to the registry editor.
- Further, Click on the Software folder and choose the permissions.
- Now, verify that Full Control for the Users is enabled or not.
- Then, Click on the OK button and close the window.
Support Help For Error Code -20 Troubelshooting QuickBooks Pro, Premier, Enterprise
For more information or any query related to QuickBooks you can contact us. We provide Technical support for QuickBooks and related software. Our QuickBooks Technical Support Team will guide you from head to toe, until they provide you the best solution that satisfy you.The main focus of our Customer Support Team is to enlighten people and resolve their issues to gain maximum output with minimum efforts. Our QuickBooks Technical Expert Team comprises of knowledgeable people who have years of experience and are capable to solve any problem related to QuickBooks and related software.To connect with us call us at our Toll free number. Call Now