QuickBooks Error 6177 0
QuickBooks Error Code −6177, 0
Error -6177, 0, Simply denoted that QuickBooks attempt to open company files not successfully and reason behind this error is that there is a problem with the path, nothing else. Although its a multi-user QuickBooks issue, but single user may also receive Error -6177, 0 if they are hosting the company file on the server or some. Although very old QuickBooks user like 2009, 2010 QB user often facing issue, but after R5 and R6 update, its was fixed almost, Now QB able to access company file on a network or root folder. Intuit suggest a quick fix of this issue user have to open company file first on the location where is actually hosted & then try to open its own desktop.
Let’s explore more about QuickBooks- Error 6177 0. For understanding it in-depth, you can also contact the QuickBooks Technical support Number at QuickBooks- ForoeBooks on the toll free number- .
What Is 6177,0 Errors and Why Its Occurred ?
Understanding and Troubleshooting QuickBooks Error 6177 0
In case of QuickBooks Error 6177 0, this error message is displayed:
“QuickBooks is attempting to open this Company file. Before you can open the company file from your computer you must first open the company file on the computer where the company file is located. (-6177, 0)”
This means that QuickBooks Desktop is not able to recognize the file path and hence, unable to open the company file.
There is more QuickBooks Error 6000 error code, find the different causes when QB not able to access company file.
How to Fix Intuit QB Error −6177,0 In Easiest Way
Ensure that the QuickBooks version is up to date. For resolving the error, follow these steps:
- The file has to be moved to the local hard drive
- The file has to be located from the server to the local C drive.
- From the C drive, open the file in QuickBooks.
- A portable file has to be created and saved on the C drive.
- The company file has to be closed.
- The portable file from the C drive has to be restored and saved to the server.
- Company file has to be closed.
- The company file has to be opened from the server.
- Usage of QuickBooks File Doctor
- QuickBooks File Doctor has to be downloaded, installed and run.
- Manual Way to Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error 6177
- Go to the PC that stores the company files and QuickBooks Desktop has to be closed. The Network Descriptor (*.ND) file that QuickBooks Desktop creates this file automatically has to be deleted.
In the folder where company files are stored, search for the file with an .ND file extension. Eg: MyCompanyFileName.QBW.ND.
Right-click the .ND file and choose Delete.
- The QuickBooks Database Manager has to be configured.
Go to the Windows Start tab and select Programs, then QuickBooks, after that QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
If you are using Windows 8, then select Windows on the keyboard and enter QuickBooks Database Manager. After that, select QuickBooks Database Manager.
- The Add Folder button has to be selected.
Search for The QuickBooks Desktop company files and click OK.
Go to the Scan button. The QuickBooks company files found list will display company files QuickBooks Database Server Manager is hosting.
Once the scan is complete, select Close.
- The company file access permissions in Windows have to be checked.
Go to Set up folder permissions to share company files web page to verify permissions are set up correctly.
You can take the help from QuickBooks tech support team when following the above steps. A QuickBooks technical specialist can guide you step-wise. Contact ForoeBooks for QuickBooks customer support.
Support For -6177,0 Error Troubleshooting QB Pro, Premier , Enterprise
Errors are quite usual while working on a software. A user of QuickBooks can get in touch with the QuickBooks Support Team at ForoeBooks. We are here to assist you 24*7. Sign up with us for any help related to QuickBooks, Call on the toll free number .
QuickBooks is a terrific accounting software that has made daily tasks for everyone in midsize and small organizations as well as growing start-ups quite easier. The user may not needfully be from a finance background to understand QuickBooks and its various versions like Enterprise, Pro and Premier. Each version of QuickBooks has various helpful features for making accounting tasks, money flow, inventory management, etc smoother.
A user of QuickBooks can access the company files from anywhere and not necessarily only from office. Any software can have errors sporadically. It is essential to understand the error completely to troubleshoot it.