QuickBooks Error 12002
QuickBooks Update Error Code 12002
Error 12002 occurs while downloading a payroll or QuickBooks update.
This error occurs when QuickBooks can’t use the internet connection. QuickBooks is unable to recognize the internet connection as applications on the computer, such as anti-virus software, firewall, etc. block the QuickBooks download. You can consult with QuickBooks Payroll Support for update & upgrades Call now .
How To Fix QuickBooks Error 12002
Step 1: Users must check that a secure website outside QuickBooks can be accessed; this could be the sign-in page of the user’s financial institution.
Step 2: Next, users must check the SSL settings.
Step 3: Users must check that Internet Explorer is the default browser or if any other browser has been set as default.
Step 4: Users must review the settings of Internet Explorer.
- First, QuickBooks must be closed and then Internet Explorer launched. Now, select Tools->Internet Options. Now, users must choose the ‘Security’ tab and click the globe icon in the window at the top; security settings for this zone mustn’t be more than ‘Medium High’.
- Now, choose the ‘Content’ tab and ‘Enable’ the content advisor button. If the button is in ‘Disable’ mode, the button must be clicked, and users must provide password and disable the content advisor.
- Next, choose the ‘Connections’ tab.
- If dial-up node (DUN) isn’t used on the system, choose ‘Never Dial a Connection’.
- If DUN is used, the correct ISP must be selected, and then users must choose OK.
- Next, click on the ‘LAN Settings’ button at the bottom and select the ‘Automatically detect settings’ checkbox.
- Now, check that the ‘Use a Proxy Server’ checkbox isn’t selected. If ii selected, note down the complete address and port. In case, the port isn’t 80, don’t uncheck ‘Use a Proxy server’. If it is port 80, the ‘Use a Proxy Server’ box can be unchecked for testing.
- Next, select OK on the ‘LAN Settings’ screen.
- Now, choose the ‘Advanced’ tab and then the ‘Restore Advanced Settings’ button. Then, in ‘Settings’ locate the ‘Use TLS 1.0’, ‘Use TLS 1.1’and ‘Use TLS 1.2’ Ensure that ‘Use TLS 1.0’ is checked and the other two options aren’t checked. Then, select OK to exit the ‘Internet Options’ window.
- Now, close Internet Explorer, restart the computer, open QuickBooks, and try to update it again.
Steps 5 and 6 below are only for checking if another app or process is blocking the download the process. If it is, then the app or process must be fixed. If users aren’t sure that the security software is causing the error, they should seek professional help.
Step 5: Users must reconfigure security software, firewall and parental control settings for QuickBooks updates, tax table updates, sending payroll data. The firewall might have to be reconfigured to permit access to some ports.
Step 6: If the previous steps didn’t fix the error, users must start Windows in safe mode with networking and retry downloading the update.
Step 7: After the computer has been restarted, users must reset the QuickBooks updates and try to download and install the QuickBooks update. While doing so, the company file must be in single-user mode.
Step 8: Internet Explorer must be repaired.
Step 9: A clean install of QuickBooks must be done in Selective Startup.
Get Support for 12002 Error QuickBooks Pro, Premier , Enterprise
These steps should fix the error. But if the error occurs again or users need more help, they should call our QuickBooks Support Number at the toll-free number .